Living in the Netherlands and having experience in implementing Call Centers, as well as reviewing in working conditions with them I am urged to publish this great article by Focus. It deals with the needs of ultimately the customer and not the ticks or the transaction fees call centers receive. Endless lines of 0800 or 0900 numbers, at the expense of the customer need to be eliminated and put in balance. So please read this article and Call Centers Pay Attention!
1. Ensure that agents have the right skills and the right temperament.
2. Invest in your staff with time, training and coaching.
3. Give your staff the responsibility — and authority — to make decisions.
4. Make sure your metrics align with achieving solid results, not just a low cost.
5. Closely track customer satisfaction, and reward agents based on performance.
6. Implement your technology with the customer in mind.